<VV> Is it ok to sell a corvair here?

Gary Swiatowy gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Sat Nov 7 12:51:49 EST 2015

Hank,
That reminds me of my cousins 66 Chevelle.........
It was an SS, 396, 4-speed convertible.
Though not the original color, it was restored right with all metal.

Everywhere he went, it annoyed him because all day people asked him if it
was for sale.
So he had a "stupid money" price he quoted people.

Then one day, at a car show, a guy opened his wallet, handed my cousin a
grand for a deposit asking for a receipt. Told him to deliver it to his home
the next day and he would have the balance in cash.

Turned out when he got there, my cousin had to drive it into the guys
storage building because the buyer couldn't drive a stick. It was parked
amongst Porches, and other Muscle cars.

Buyer was a speculator, buying only the best.

Last time the car was seen.

I have been asked plenty of times the same question, but no one has bitten
on my price yet.

Gary Swiatowy

From: "hank kaczmarek" <kaczmarek at charter.net>

<snip>

About 3 weeks ago a customer who comes into O'Reilly's often asked if my car

was for sale.  My Reply?   Everything has a  price.
And he said he was serious.   So I told him---Well, if you're serious, 35
thousand will put it in YOUR garage.    That was MY price.
He wasn't serious.  Didn't even counter.  If he would have gone to 28, I
might have been tempted.

Hank