<VV> Oil temp

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sat Nov 7 07:57:02 EST 2015

According to Castrol ideal oil temperatures for conventional oil  220-240
> F.  For synthetic the temps are 220-280 F.  Below  these low temps, the
> water and fuel in the oil does not evaporate.   One pound of gasoline
> produces one pound of water.  Cars with  chokes always add considerable
fuel
> to the oil when the chokes are  on.  The high recommend oil temps limit is
> where the additives in  the oil start to evaporate.  Base oil stock
> degradation begins at  significantly higher temperatures.
> Jim Davis

In a message dated 10/30/2015 8:26:32 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
virtualvairs at corvair.org writes:

Bob,  Is that something new?  I don't know of anything  that uses more than
a 195 thermostat and they generally run close to  that.  The hottest fan
switch I've seen is 230 and that seemed way too  hot.
Joel McGregor

In a message dated 10/26/2015 7:30:49 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,