<VV> 60-62 hubcaps

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Sun Nov 8 13:06:22 EST 2015

At 09:59 PM 9/23/2015, Dusty Steinberg via VirtualVairs wrote:
>The 1961 Corvair used a dimple around the outer edge of the wheel to
>hold the full wheel cover on.  The center also was dimpled, and
>going from memory, only the 1961 small hub cap will fit the 1961 wheel.

The '60 and '61 center caps will fit both year wheels.  I have an
extra set of each, and two '60 cars and two '61 Lakewoods and the
center caps all swap between their respective wheels.

The '61 dogdish caps are different than the '60 caps in that they are
shallower than the '60 caps so as to try to avoid curb rash.  From a
few feet away it's difficult to tell the difference.

If you have a set of '60 dogdish caps they will fit a '61 wheel.

They are all a TIGHT fit...

Now, that said:

The subject line was '60-'62...

The '62 dished center caps are a mixed bag... I've seen a couple of
'62 Vairs with "nibbed" wheels that wouldn't accept the earlier
center caps.  Of course there could have been another fly in that
ointment with wheel swapping along the line... one never knows.

As always, if I screwed up/was wrong in any of my comments, somebody
correct me.

tony..