<VV> Water temps

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sun Nov 15 13:51:35 EST 2015

If he was talking about water temps, perhaps Mark meant: "The higher the
pressure in the system, the higher the pressure CAN be."

Meaning - The higher pressure will discourage boiling (also dependent on
coolant chemical composition). You are correct, Jay. With stock water pumper
vehicles, I have watched the water temps trend up under load - climbing the
 grapevine - then cool back down to thermostat temp while coasting
downhill. Some  of the characteristics change, depending on coolant fan design,
engine driven  vs. electrics. Sitting in traffic, watching a temp gauge on a
water pumper  with electric fans, can be a heart stopper! - Seth

In a message dated 11/14/2015 11:27:49 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
virtualvairs at corvair.org writes:

On  11/9/2015 6:59 AM, MarK Durham via VirtualVairs wrote:

> The higher  the pressure in the system, the higher the
> temperature will  be.

> Mark Durham
> Hauser Idaho
> On Nov 8, 2015 6:07  PM, "Joel McGregor via VirtualVairs" <
> virtualvairs at corvair.org>  wrote:

I disagree.
A higher pressure system CAN run at a  higher temp without boiling.
Actual operating temperature depends on  cooling system design and
vehicle operating conditions.
Running down  the highway on a cool day, a water pumper is likely to be
running at the  thermostat opening temperature.
In traffic on a hot day, it will be running  all its fans and the coolant
temp will probably be at or above the fan  thermostat temp.
--
Jay Maechtlen
SoCal

---
This  email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus  software.

the  property
mailto:vv-help at corvair.org
http://www.corvair.org/
Post messages to:  VirtualVairs at corvair.org