<VV> '64 electric help

judynrandy at comcast.net judynrandy at comcast.net
Tue Nov 17 00:44:31 EST 2015

The same '64 with the tranny trouble also has a weird electrical problem.  When I fired it up for the first time, it started right up and idled smooth as silk.  And this, no less, before I even had a chance to properly set the timing ,sync the carbs, or adjust the valves!  She purrs like a kitten.  As for the electrical problem, when I ducked into the passenger compartment to check the idiot lights I noticed something strange.  The gen idiot light was flickering ever so slightly.  Then I noticed that, along with the slight flicker of the idiot light, the courtesy lights also were flickering in unison.  It was a flicker that sort of "pulsed".  Would this by chance be a bad voltage regulator?  Opinions please.  Thanx again.

Randy (Cap'n) Hook
Hopewell, PA