<VV> cold air infiltration

Ernie Sanders epssax at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 1 10:57:54 EDT 2015

 As the cold weather starts coming, I am reminded of my dilemma.  I have a 67 Monza coupe.  Ever since I have owned the car I get cold air infiltration coming under the dash.  I have put new hoses on the heating system and it puts out some great hot air----however, it can't keep up with the cold air entering under the dash.  I have stuffed rags in the side kick panels where the air seems to come up from the fresh air vents but it didn't help much.  I had some magnetic covers made to block the outside fresh air vents just in front of the windshield.  Didn't help.  The recent posting about rain infiltration has me thinking about it again.  I can't comfortably drive the car when the temps are in the twenties or below.  When I am sitting still the heater will run me out of the car but when I start moving the cold air quickly overtakes my heating system.Any help would be appreciated.  Ernie in Louisville, KY.