<VV> Excessive oil pressure at oil filter

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 7 15:09:11 EDT 2015

Bad filter? Possible- any thing is possible
Holed piston? Same as above (but an excessive amount of crankcase pressure probably won't cause the oil filter to "explode" IMO.
Melted piston? Same as above ending with IMO.
Ring job? Same as 2+3 above.

My suggestions: remove oil filter and inspect. Did someone leave the old seal on the engine so now the oil filter has 2 seals? Bolt torque? If that is OK and proper, what is the running engine oil pressure (checked with an oil pressure gauge)? Just my thoughts on all this. Your mileage may vairy.
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado 81301