<VV> Another mystery.

air_cooled63 at yahoo.com air_cooled63 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 10 15:10:49 EDT 2015

Hi all. When I got interested in Corvairs I didn't pay much attention to matching numbers etc. Because I just loved driving them.  I was a lone wolf so to speak. When they started breaking down I starting fixing them. I asked a lot of questions and people really help me out.  I really got into corvairs then. Bought a copy of the Tech tips volumes 1&2, another Corvair repair bible,  at the advise of a friend.  I use it a lot still to help repair my Corvairs.   I bought a one owner 65  Corvair with just 69K miles on for my wife's birthday last month. They first thing I did was go through the braking system. Yes the brakes shoes were worn paper thin. All 4 springs that hold the bottom of the brake shoes at the adjuster were broken.  We replace every thing we could To make them work like new.  This one of those cars that run good when parked. Drive it home.  I've had s few mystery Corvairs in the past and have learnedly to be careful. I appreciate all the help I have received in the repair questions I have asked in the past.  I even learn a lot reading other peoples help questions and the good answers they get.  Thanks again.
Jerry Brown