<VV> I use a plain forklift battery that is pretty common

Eric S. Eberhard eric at vicsmba.com
Thu Oct 15 15:39:40 EDT 2015

and the right size exactly.  I put the caps on from an old NOS battery I
finally killed and it does look original.  You can still get NOS ones
occasionally and it is easy to fill them with acid to wake them up and
it has always worked for me.  But I decided that only a true nerd could
tell the difference between the batteries with the caps swapped ... me
being such a nerd ... but it is not worth the dollars anymore.  I used
to get NOS batteries for 50 bucks or less.  Now they want 500 and it is
just a driver.  If you can find some NOS caps though ... I use plain
black ones (round) with no logo at all.  I do have an A/C set in orange
or yellow (can't remember and all my stuff is scattered now, putting on
a new barn roof).  Almost any of the large battery places will have
forklift batteries (long and thin) -- and you can buy them dry as well
and save shipping if needed.  They are easy to start (pour acid in, wait
a day).

--
Eric S. Eberhard
VICS

928-567-3727  work                      928-301-7537  cell

http://www.vicsmba.com/index.html             (our work)
http://www.vicsmba.com/ourpics/index.html     (fun pictures)