<VV> Battery

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Wed Oct 21 12:41:42 EDT 2015

In the process of restoring my Rampside last year, I made the call to go
with the group 51 battery. Eric and others have described many of its
merits. I don't drive the truck enough anymore, and not in cold weather, to
really need the extra strength of that battery. The choice came down to fit
more than anything. The original style (group 53) is a bear to get in the FC
battery compartment. It seems like, for whatever reason, Chevy decided to
use the same battery in FCs as the early model cars. A different-sized
access hatch, with more clearance for the battery terminals, would been
helpful!

I wonder why such a long battery was chosen for the FC when other,
somewhat-more-square, options should have been available?

--Kent