<VV> Oil temp

Jim Davis jld at wk.net
Mon Oct 26 13:35:10 EDT 2015

According to Castrol ideal oil temperatures for conventional oil 220-240
F.  For synthetic the temps are 220-280 F.  Below these low temps, the
water and fuel in the oil does not evaporate.  One pound of gasoline
produces one pound of water.  Cars with chokes always add considerable
fuel to the oil when the chokes are on.  The high recommend oil temps
limit is where the additives in the oil start to evaporate.  Base oil
stock degradation begins at significantly higher temperatures.
Jim Davis