<VV> Vapor locking and ethanol free gas.

Jeff Bahret jcbahret52 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 23:41:26 EDT 2015

Have been having some problems with vapor lock in my 65 Corsa Turbo Coupe.
One of the causes was a simple loose worn out belt not providing enough air
flow for cooling. The other is the local, crappy, ethanol laced gas. This
fuel has a very low boiling temperature which enhances gas formation in the
fuel pump. Just recently, some stations are carrying ethanol free gas. I
would think that without the ethanol, the boiling point must significantly
increase, helping in this VL problem in our high temperature air cooled
engines. Anyone have any experience to share?