<VV> OT - server setup

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Mon Sep 7 12:06:17 EDT 2015

Hi folks,

For those of you interested, here are the parts on order.  It'll probably be a couple months before I get it built and operational.

Donations are at $1470, which is a little more than the order total of $1240.58, although I'll still have some nickel and dime stuff to get (cables and such).  I'm going to look at a new firewall once the box is complete, I upgraded that a few years ago but I'd like to be ahead of things this time, it was quite frustrating troubleshooting that issue.

This box should have no trouble with db stuff, /dba will be on one of the SSDs, the other is for the system.  /corsa goes on the pair of WD black drives.  The green drive is for backups.  I spec'd out some heavier duty components based on our experience with the old box.   VV e-mail will fly, all the logging and archives will be on the SSDs so there won't be any slowdown for processing.  Generally the idea is to make the Internet the slow part of anything we do.  As I mentioned before, I have a couple projects in mind that will require space, we'll have plenty.  New OS will be Fedora 22.

--Bryan

PriceQuantity

	• Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK (Black Edition) Motherboard Core i7/i5/i3 LGA1150 Intel Z97 Express ATX RAID Gigabit LAN (Integrated Graphics) by Gigabyte
$129.99
1

	• Intel Core i5-4590 BX80646I54590 Processor (6M Cache, 3.3 GHz) by Intel
$198.99
1

	• Crucial Ballistix Elite 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 (PC3-14900) UDIMM - BLE2KIT8G3D1869DE1TX0 / BLE2CP8G3D1869DE1TX0
$99.99
1

	• Crucial MX200 250GB SATA 2.5 Inch Internal Solid State Drive - CT250MX200SSD1 by Crucial
$94.99
2

	• WD Black 3TB Performance Desktop Hard Drive: 3.5-inch, SATA 6 Gb/s, 7200 RPM, 64MB Cache WD3003FZEX by Western Digital
$153.92
2

	• Western Digital Caviar Green 3 TB SATA III 64 MB Cache Bare/OEM Desktop Hard Drive - WD30EZRX by Western Digital
$94.99
1

	• Antec EA-550 Platinum 550 Power Supply by Antec
$76.93
1

	• Antec Sonata Proto Black ATX Mid Tower Computer Case by Antec
$59.99
1

	• ICY DOCK MB994IPO-3SB Enterprise Full Metal 2x 2.5" SATA/SAS HDD/SSD + Slim Optical Disk Drive Backplane in 5.25" Bay Sold by: AZPerfume
$76.81
1

	• Samsung Electronics Internal Slim Drive Optical Drives SN-208FB/BEBE Sold by: MYeHUT Inc
$22.94
1