<VV> Latest motor project question and Heads F/S

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Wed Sep 16 12:41:23 EDT 2015

I am building a new motor for the Rampside powerglide that  I drive a  lot.
The old one works well , so It will go in the 62 Lakewood project. My old
one has a 260 cam , .060 Cylinders , and 110 heads. New one will have an
OT20  cam and .060 Cylinders , but now I  wonder if 95 heads would be better
for  the pinging issue. Or is the cam too much for those 95  heads?  I have  a
rebuilt (expensive)  set of 95 heads  here , and just found out my  only
110hp heads left  on the shelf (real expensive)  are  modified for 4 carbs.  I
do not want to do 4 carbs , but I  could  put bock offs on if I have to.  I
run 140 manifolds and dual exhaust  , Crane ignition , on all of my motors.
  Any expert opinions on heads  before I go much further ?
I still have a good set of 140 heads here ready to install , For Sale , and
 would like to sell the converted heads also.The converted heads take stock
140  fuel lines and linkages. Any interest , please get with me off line. I
am  located near Syracuse NY  North of the Thruway between exits 39 and  40.
 I also have decent looking side shrouds for 4 carbs in an early car  or FC
.
Regards, Tim Colson   C N Y C C .