<VV> Generators vs Alternators Throwing Belts

hallgrenn at aol.com hallgrenn at aol.com
Thu Sep 17 21:40:46 EDT 2015

I have a lot of respect for the early model Corvairs--they were  first Corvairs--the vanguard that changed so many ways of thinking about cars.   I did things in my family's '61 700 4dr that no one in lesser vehicles could do.  But I still prefer my alternator LMs (and GB alternator conversion).  Are you suggesting that if an alternator is throwing belts that we strap 15 pounds of copper and steel on top to mimic the extra dead weight that an early carries around with it's generator?  :}

Bob