<VV> [fastvair] re-wiring going on. Circuit breaker help?

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Sun Sep 20 22:50:36 EDT 2015

I got some breakers from Waytek wiring for one of my projects, but I don't think it was a late.  Most likely I'd just mount one of their breakers using a fastener in the HRPT hole.

Sizing, the base alternator is 37A, the a/c cars got 47A versions.  Depending on other loads a 50 to 60 amp breaker should work pretty well.  If you're running more load than that, I'd consider adding another positive feed wire and adjusting the breaker size appropriately.  Keep in mind you can't long term feed more amps than the alternator will put out.

--Bryan