<VV> New Corvair T-shirt

Steven J. Serenska corvair at serenska.com
Mon Sep 21 12:31:35 EDT 2015

James:
> Am I the only one that's appalled at the security of the site
> www.codenamegear.com?
I hadn't visited the site before your post but .... Holy Smokes! I can
access it too.

For everyone else, in case you have not seen it , if you enter your
name, email address and shipping address on that website, that info will
thereafter be available to ANY other visitors to the site.

James, if you notified them and they still haven't fixed it, they might
not even understand what they've done.  Honestly, this is one of the
most flagrant violations of computer security I've ever seen.  It's the
kind of error a middle schooler might make on his or her first or second
take-home programming assignment.

No one else on VV should shop or buy from that website until they get
these issues remedied.  And maybe not even after that.  These guys have
no clue.

Steven "'appalled' is exactly the right word" Serenska

P.S. For Ron H. by "drop down boxes", James means input controls
formally called "comboboxes".  These are controls in which the user
clicks a downward pointing arrow to the right of an input area in order
to reveal a list of selections that can be chosen from.  (The list
"drops down".)  Here are more pictures of them than you can shake a
stick at:

https://www.google.com/search?q=combobox&es_sm=122&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAWoVChMIv_yB0MWIyAIVBJMNCh1xkwjb&biw=1440&bih=785