<VV> Felt pad under dash - where does it go?

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 9 11:00:13 EDT 2016

I pulled the instrument cluster from my 1962 Monza and replaced the defroster hose. When I was done, I found a felt pad measuring about 1 inch x 1 inch x 1/8 inch thick on the driveway. I think it came off sometime during the above work. I do not see any clean spots where it might have been, and I don't see any references in the 1961 manual or Assembly manual. The Special Insulator shown in the Assembly manual Sect 1 sheet 9.00 is in place on the rearward flange of the dash reinforcement, so it is not that.
Anyone know where the felt pad came from? -- Doug Mackintosh Corsa member since 1996 Corsa/NC member since 1996, Virtual Vairs member Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on