<VV> 4 lug 15" Wheels

edward szuch egszuch at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 21:47:17 EDT 2016

You could get the 4 lug 15" wheels on Buick Specials - at least in '62. Not
sure about 61 or 63.  My Grandparents had them on their Special and I
eventually inherited them and put them on the back of my 62 Monza for
winter (snow tires).  Funny looking on a swing axle.  My parents' Special
had the 13' wheels and looked better proportioned.
I built my buggy in 74 and used the entire 62 Monza suspension subframes
attached to my own frame which basically duplicated the VW floorpan so I
could use a Sand Puppy fiberglass body.  Used Opel rack and pinion steering
with a Pinto steering shaft which was essentially a long, tightly wound
spring.  Made routing easy.
Not sure if Olds had this option on the F-85 but the 15" wheel certainly
was readily available from GM in the 60's.
Gary Szuch.