<VV> Special Russ Davis harmonic balancer puller

Robert Marlow, Vairtec Corporation vairtec at optimum.net
Mon Aug 22 09:19:54 EDT 2016

I have the Russ Davis tool, use it and love it, but I have also used the
bolts-through-the-balancer method with great success.  What I do
differently is put two putty knives behind balancer so that the bolts
push on the putty knives, not directly on the housing or the seal.

In this discussion it has been assumed that you are changing the seal
anyway, but that is not a given if you are dealing with a
side-of-the-road balancer failure.

--Bob