<VV> Windshield drains

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Tue Aug 30 15:01:27 EDT 2016

Way back when I still messed with Lates occasionally I contracted to do a rust repair on one.  Cut a section out high on the fender, forward of the door, to gain access.  Seeing the mess inside I right away concluded that the windshield holes were there to channel water onto the un coated sheet metal inside so it would rust out quick and the customer would have to buy a new car.  I closed the holes up on that car.  Then I had to listen to the customer bitch for a couple of years because the water from the corners of the windshield perpetually left a dirty trail down over the paint on the fender.  Even a heavy dew would make the water spill out of the corners.onto the paint.