<VV> seeking advice - cleaning up old oil-stains on concrete

Dale Dewald d66dewald at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 13:15:17 EDT 2016

Hello Andy,

On 8/31/2016 12:00, Andy K wrote:
> Guys,
> After having years of oil leakage onto the concrete driveway - I have mostly resealed the primary culprit.  I am looking for suggestions on how to clean up most of the existing oil fouling.
> Thanks,
I assume you have already wiped and scraped up as much as you can. I
like to try and wick up as much of the spilled oil as possible using
either oil dry [cat litter] or sawdust.  It helps to use a solvent such
as kerosene to soak in and pull out the oil.  Do this several times.  I
then use a strong detergent to clean up what remains with a water
rinse.  Acid etching might be needed if you plan to paint over the stains.

Dale Dewald
Hancock, MI