<VV> 1965 body tag - Van Nuys build date code

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 8 22:06:11 EST 2016

I am trying to decode a body tag from a 1965 Corvair. It is a Los Angeles (Van Nuys) built car and the normal 2 digit+1 character code for month and week is instead a 3 digit number 922. I understand Van Nuys cars built in mid-September 1964 had a 3-digit code instead of the usual 2 digit + 1 letter.
Can someone tell me how to interpret this 922 date code? Is it Sept 22?
Thank you! -- Doug Mackintosh Corsa member since 1996 Corsa/NC member since 1996, Virtual Vairs member Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on