<VV> oil cap leaks

judynrandy at comcast.net judynrandy at comcast.net
Sat Dec 10 12:55:41 EST 2016

G'day Carl,
In response to your question about anyone actually using the bathtub stopper method to seal the oil filler tube, I give it a hearty thumbs up!  Ever since reading about it a zillion years ago I've used it continuously since then on all my corvairs with absolutely NO problems.  NONE!!!!  (And NO filler cap leaks, either!)  The only negative thing I can say about it is that at oil adding time sometimes the metal ring one uses to remove it with lays flat against the stopper and is really, really, hard to get a hold of with ones' finger.  But not to worry, this situation is easily remedied with a flat blade screwdriver.

Randy (Cap'n) Hook
Hopewell, PA