<VV> Ferry Porsche and Corvair myth

clynn66 at bigpond.net.au clynn66 at bigpond.net.au
Mon Feb 1 03:06:27 EST 2016

Without wanting to drag this myth thing out, I found the article that I mentioned in a recent post. Copy attached.
My recollection of the article was close but the details were a bit off the mark.
The article came from a Petersens publication from the mid-70s titled "The Complete Chevrolet Book 4th edition" - page 133. It is attributed to a Porsche dealer, Bill Yates, from San Juan Capistrano. If Bill's comments are to be believed it would seem the Porsche-Corvair myth was alive even within the Porsche organisation. Personally I think that's what it is - a myth.
Colin LYNN, Perth, West Australia.