<VV> trans oil

judynrandy at comcast.net judynrandy at comcast.net
Fri Feb 26 13:52:38 EST 2016

Ken, as for using Amsoil, go ahead.  You're fine.  As for the GL-4/GL-5 debacle; as an Amsoil dealer, a while back I talked to the tech gurus there and asked them specifically about this.  They said not to worry.  My choice was their 75W-90 GL-5 gear lube.  The one with a 500,000 mile life span.  They told me that, yes, in the early days there were some issues with gear oil eating "yellow parts".  But that was remedied a good while back.  They also said that the 75W-90 GL-5 was an EXCELLENT choice for Corvairs.  I, personally, have used it for decades in my Corvairs with ZERO problems.  The best protection on the planet.  As for the capacity,
5 quarts of gear lube should do it.  I think comes out to about 4.5 to fill it.  As for the suction gun, I probably need as much help as you do.  I hate those stinkin' things.
Hope this helps.

Randy (Cap'n) Hook
Hopewell,  PA