<VV> Corvair fan belts.

Jerry Brown air_cooled63 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 5 13:13:54 EST 2016

Many times I've purchased a fan belt and found out it was to small.  Now I measure them at the store and make sure they are the right size. Most stores have a tool to measure the belt. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've been told that you need a 56 inch belt. The last one I bought from Advance store near Myrtle Beach was too small.  We made it work but the idler pulley was almost all the way down to the turkey roaster.  It was 9 PM and we had to make do. He is still running it.  Belt manufactures have made a lot of changes and don't notify the public, like downgrading the belt composition.  Trial and error appears to come into play sometimes.  Jerry Brown