<VV> Oil Cooler Crud

Joel McGregor joel at joelsplace.com
Tue Jan 12 20:48:36 EST 2016

Clean is good.
Update - I removed the oil filter/alternator bracket.  No junk.  A little coating of soft sludge in low spots but nothing hard or floating around.  I did find that it has a Blue Streak 15x oil pressure switch.  I couldn't find any specs on it so I just put a different one on it for fun.
I did put a pressure gauge on it and ran it a little while.  On the fast idle cam it runs 42psi cold.  It dropped to 38 after it ran long enough to get pretty warm - I was running with no belt because I didn't feel like putting it all back together.  Of course the oil pressure light doesn't come on until it's run long enough to get the oil good and hot.
When I get more time I'll pull the pan and see what I find.

Thanks!
Joel McGregor