<VV> Brake lights

hallgrenn at aol.com hallgrenn at aol.com
Wed Jan 13 10:49:23 EST 2016

Remove the bad sockets from the light fixture.  Remove the metal socket parts with needle nose pliers, spread the serrated "legs" a bit and the top part that provides ground to the socket and reinsert.  Then reinstall the bulb to see if it is held tight and seats fully against the bottom contacts and plug the whole thing back in.  If that doesn't work, try it again.  If the plastic socket is so worn that it won't hold the legs down enough to keep the bulb pressed against the contacts and can't make the ground contact at the top of the socket where it grounds to the fixture then it's time for a new aftermarket socket.  Hope you aren't working outside in the cold.

Bob