<VV> Replacing lifters

James Cuneo jamescuneo at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 18 13:23:16 EDT 2016

So while replacing lifters I noticed one rocker arm was loose. I have roller rockers  with locks, it was tight and had not loosened. The rocker end of the custom length push rod had worn down to the oil squirt hole, about .210 inches. That's a lot. It appeared to have not been rotating. Lifter base was flat but no signs of abnormal wear. Found push rod blocked by small piece of crud. No oil to rocker, makes sense.

Now I know where very fine sparklies in the oil were coming from.

Replaced lifter and temporary standard push rod and all is quiet.

Need 1 new custom length push rod, any suggestions?

Jim