<VV> Looking for a voltage drain

Jim Becker mr.jebecker at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 15:04:22 EDT 2016

First post said it is a '66 Powerglide.  Even if caused by a heater tube, it
would have to be jumping two different terminals together on the solenoid.
Not saying it is impossible, but there are other much more likely causes.

My top 2 list as of right now are internal to the solenoid and in/at the
bulkhead connector at the left front of the engine compartment.  After that,
any place a hot wire runs parallel to the ignition wire (including other
connectors).  Early on, I'd probably try unplugging the alternator.