<VV> Yes, remove the castle nuts rather than the front mounts

John Weigel jwvair65 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 29 07:24:28 EDT 2016

I agree - easy peasy. If you're concerned about the cotter pins, don't fret and try this: Squirt some liquid wrench or oil on the castle nuts. Put an extension on a shallow 11/16" socket. Use a lead hammer to drive the socket over the castle nut. Use 1/2" long handle ratchet or drive bar and unscrew the castle nut with a firm, slow, smooth motion. The castle nut cleanly shears the cotter pin. This method has never failed me and it's the only way I've taken off these castle nuts since I can remember.