<VV> Open debate vs Corsa's having standard 3 speed and 4 speed optional

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sun Mar 20 22:13:13 EDT 2016

I test drove a poorly painted, to cover up bad body work, 66 Corsa
Convertible about 6 years ago here in Virginia.

It surprised me at having a 3 speed transmission.

I looked at the body tag, and there was no code for a 4 speed
transmission. At the time I was told there was no 4 speed code in 66, so
it was not a definitive mark of being a factory 3 speed.

I passed on it. It was on ebay and sold to someone in California.
Anybody here buy an ugly blue Corsa with a three speed?

Frank DuVal