<VV> 140's in a PG Rampside?

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Thu Mar 24 17:53:39 EDT 2016

Hi Cliff,
You are way behind the times here. Please check out the graphs  and data
from Chevrolet sources of a 140 hp engine having the 95 hp cam and 4  degree
retard. You will see that this combination produces "way more" torque  than a
110 up to about 4000 rpm. That is just what a Corvair 95 needs.  See the
recent version of my book, CORVAIR SECRETS, available from  Clarks and me.

Everybody ought to have a copy just to advance their Corvair  knowledge.
Bob Helt

In a message dated 3/24/2016 12:31:07 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
virtualvairs at corvair.org writes:

Tim's  offer to sell a pair of 140 heads that were run in a Rampside got me
>  wondering.  How many are running 140's in their F/C's.  The reason I
ask is
> that I recently acquired a Rampside without an engine.  I  have what I
need
> to build either a 140 or a 110.  Since I will  essentially be pushing a
> brick upstream at anything over 60mph, I  cannot really see any reason
for a
> 140.  I would love to get  input from those of you that actually have a
140
> engine in your  FC.  If it makes a difference, it has a powerglide
>  transmission,  thanks,

Cliff  Tibbitts