<VV> LM Rear End Alignment

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat May 14 23:44:08 EDT 2016

For years, I have offered this suggestion to Corvair owners who are looking
 for brake work. I think it applies to alignment work as well. Before you
are  desperate, find the oldest brake shop in town, then go into the shop and
find  the oldest guy working there. Ask him about your drum brakes. (Or
your wheel  alignment). Chances are he knows how to work on them.

The best news is that many new cars - Front wheel drives - have rear
alignment specs and ways to align the rears. Or, at least, check their
alignment. For many years we had to have the shops back the car onto the rack  and
align the rear to toe-out, in a simulation of toe-in.

ARRGH! - Seth

In a message dated 5/14/2016 12:01:07 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,