<VV> Alternater mounting bolts

Robert Marlow, Vairtec Corporation vairtec at optimum.net
Thu Nov 3 11:51:03 EDT 2016

On 11/3/2016 11:02 AM, Frank DuVal via VirtualVairs wrote:
> Same here. Maybe some sockets are too thick walled to fit?
>
> Frank DuVal
Correct.  I have had to use different sockets in order to find one that
fit in the available space, and I have found that the available space
can differ from car to car.

But I have not encountered the frustration expressed by the OP.  It can
be tricky, but there are plenty of other jobs on the Corvair that are
more frustrating.

By the way, the late Bill Ableson, perhaps channeling Mark Corbin,
insisted that "alternator" was incorrect, and that "Delcotron Generator"
was the only correct designation when found on GM vehicles...

--Bob