<VV> Engine fire.

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Mon Nov 7 23:18:46 EST 2016

All good guesses but no grommet problems, no fire below the air seal sheet metal level.  Heater hose not near the starter terminal. The fire might not have been such a big deal except for the fact that the bottom side of the engine cover was covered with a half inch inch of vinyl foam and covered with Naugahyde.  That stuff thought it was gasoline once it got started.  That oversight will be corrected with the rebuild.

Sent from my iPad