<VV> CHEVROLET Corvair dash colours?

Carl Kelsen Arlette Pat arlettecarl at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 20 22:01:37 EST 2016

G'day everyone,
I am asking the following question on behalf of a good friend of mine, who is currently undertaking, probably the worlds most detailed frame off and ground up restoration possible of a 1960 Chevrolet Nomad (Impala trim) station wagon.

The exterior of this '60 Chevrolet Nomad wagon when painted will be finished in the original '970' two tone combination of Fawn Beige and Satin Copper Metallic. The painted interior surfaces will be finished in Light Copper Metallic (Duco Code 93991).

The problem we have in Australia is that we don't use or understand US paint codes so the above mentioned "Duco Code 93991" is meaningless to us. It occurred to me that dash panel colours might have been common across all 1960 Chevrolet passsenger cars and if they were then perhaps 1960 or 1961 Corvairs might have used this same Light Copper Metallic colour on there dash, when a copper interior was used.

I guess I am asking if anyone could assist with what's probably an unusual request?

Regards from 'down under '
Carl Kelsen
1965 RHD Monza convertible