<VV> Fla. Storm (the truth) No Corvair

taruffi57 at aol.com taruffi57 at aol.com
Fri Oct 7 13:23:50 EDT 2016

I am 60 miles slightly WNW from Daytona and sitting here watching Daytona TV at 1 PM friday - showing slightly choppy ocean and approx. 30 - 40 mph winds.  This has been the usual MEDIA WEATHER fear/panic gin-up.  Yesterday. all water and canned goods were gone from our grocery stores, lines at gas pumps and most all stores/restaurants are closed here today.  My Son in Orlando says same scenario there.    We had light spotty rain and wind gusts to maybe 25 mph.  A few little branches on the roads. I see this hysteria every time any even slightly abnormal weather hits Florida.   Now, it still has to run up the north Florida and Georgia coast, but it almost sounds like a Grocery & Fuel sellers conspiracy - every time it happens.  Gives the Weather geniuses some TV time.  My wife told me that one of the women in her dental office even bought sandbags!!!!!   UHhhhhh........

I guess I'm a little jaded with this stuff - having lived in Central Florida for 46+ yrs. and having ridden out hurricanes, tornadoes and even hail storms, but I was pretty sure this one was going to be a false flag, long before it arrived in our area.

I call this -  good napping or RV driving weather.

Joe Dunlap