<VV> Fla. Storm (the truth) No Corvair

ebittman at tampabay.rr.com ebittman at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Oct 7 13:36:55 EDT 2016

Yeah Joe I agree. I've lived in west central Fl 60 years and everytime a storm starts our way the media hype begins. all the people from the east coast came to the west coast. Hotels had a field day jacking up prices, not to mention food and gas. Now  that it's all but done  maybe things will get back to normal,but we'll still have to endure  neews people standing in front of a fallen tree!! Ed Dade City,Fl.I am 60 miles slightly WNW from Daytona and sitting here watching Daytona TV at 1 PM friday - showing slightly choppy ocean and approx. 30 - 40 mph winds.  This has been the usual MEDIA WEATHER fear/panic gin-up.  Yesterday. all water and canned goods were gone from our grocery stores, lines at gas pumps and most all stores/restaurants are closed here today.  My Son in Orlando says same scenario there.    We had light spotty rain and wind gusts to maybe 25 mph.  A few little branches on the roads. I see this hysteria every time any even slightly abnormal weather hits Florida.   Now, it still has to run up the north Florida and Georgia coast, but it almost sounds like a Grocery & Fuel sellers conspiracy - every time it happens.  Gives the Weather geniuses some TV time.  My wife told me that one of the women in her dental office even bought sandbags!!!!!   UHhhhhh........