<VV> Fuel pressure

james davis jld at wk.net
Wed Oct 19 20:02:40 EDT 2016

I have been driving my 1965 Corsa since March 1965.  I installed an
electric fuel pump in the Corsa in July 1967.  This was after I was
stranded on the off ramp of a ferry tying up 35 cars and trucks for 10
miuntes before I found a coke bottle and pored water over the fuel pump.
  The Corsa reguarly vapor locks when the ambient temperature is above
90 degrees.  It happens after a long run and a short stop; say for gas
or pit stop.  It sure easier to turn on the electric fuel pump when I
feel it surging than it is to stop and pour water over the mechanical
fuel pump and fuel line.
Jim Davis