<VV> 140 vacuum advance causing stumbling [ bumb]?

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Tue Oct 25 17:38:46 EDT 2016

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralphsebrell via VirtualVairs

I just adjusted the timing and went on a test drive. Ran great! THEN I remembered I forgot the vac advance hose. Reinstalled the hose, I drove more. Same old problem.
Removed and plugged the hose, Ran OK
The vac advance does move when I blip the throttle.

What is the problem? On slowly cruising main drag, light load, light pedal, the car wants to "Bump" a little. As the season goes on the bump  i will increase in intensity.
Points, Condenser, wires all new.

Your points plate is worn!  When the VA actuates... it moves the plate! Add a Ground wire... or tighten the swivel pin.   You have to be under "load"  to notice it..

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio

http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages