<VV> Dual Master Brake Cylinder

Reid Cummer reid.cummer at alumni.stanford.edu
Wed Oct 26 21:42:39 EDT 2016

I recently installed a dual master brake cylinder in my 65 Monza
convertible and am not satisfied with the braking.  The cylinder itself was
used, but appeared to be in good condition.  I installed new lines and
wheel cylinders.  The brake shoes seemed fine so I left them alone.

The brake pedal is not "mushy", it just takes a great deal of force to get
the car to slow/stop.  No matter how hard I try I cannot lock the wheels.
Stopping quickly in an emergency situation is a practical impossibility.

I seem to remember reading that these symptoms might occur if the small
passage way between the two reservoirs is blocked.

Any suggestions?