<VV> Fw: 1969 clutch cable

Jim Becker mr.jebecker at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 17:50:53 EDT 2016

Michael,
I measured some new cables.  The ‘69 style  measured 93 1/8 from the threaded end to the center of the hole in the swivel.  A ‘65-‘68 style was slightly shorter, at 93 1/8 to the end of the ball (not the bit of cable that stuck through).  The ball is 3/8 diameter, making the cable effectively 3/16 shorter.  I then checked an earlier ‘65-‘68 style (no reinforcing where the earlier ones always broke) and found it very slightly shorter, maybe 1/4 of the ball diameter, less than 1/8 inch.  So either they grew a little over time or  there was some variation in how they were made.  I wouldn’t think 1/4 total variation should make much of a problem.  Is there any chance the drive train is a bit forward of the normal position?  They all had 2 inches of threads on the rear end.

By the way, these were all NOS cables, no repros.

Jim Becker