<VV> Old Time Corvair Mechanic

Steve Hammatt, Mount Vernon WA USA gsteve at hammatt.com
Fri Sep 16 23:04:33 EDT 2016

I own a one-family 1965 Corvair.  It was purchased by
my mother in the late Fall of 1964.  Sometime (possibly in
the early 1980’s) it was ‘refreshed’ by a well known Corvair
shop (mechanic) that lived in SoCal (Riverside, Redlands, or ???).
I recall that the mechanic was quite well known and possibly
was referenced in a Los Angeles Times article about that time
period.
Can anyone help in trying to name the mechanic/shop?
The question came up because we’re not sure if the valve
seats could have been upgraded at that time.
The engine has around 90k miles on it since new.
Thanks.

Steve Hammatt
Mount Vernon WA USA