<VV> Adjusting front drum brakes

FrankDuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Fri Apr 14 00:24:30 EDT 2017

Do the drums have a hole/slot in them?

62s did not have self adjusters from the factory. But someone could have
installed them.

I have seen metal plugs to cover the holes in the backing plate instead
of rubber plugs. They just snap out with a screwdriver.

I would take the drum off to punch out the knockout, so you can retrieve
the loose metal knockout from inside the drum before it does damage to
the brake shoes, etc.

Frank DuVal