<VV> LM question Headlight buckets

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Sat Apr 15 18:06:34 EDT 2017

Are the round steel "bowls" that the headlights sit into identical (low & high beam bulbs)?  I have 3 in - they are Halogen Wagners from Clarks, and on the outside passenger one, the glass bulb's 3 lugs will not seat into the circular "bowl" behind it.  I can see that it was slightly bent in the past, but I've straightened it.  The 3 lugs on the back of the light buld aren't close enough to drop in the 3 recesses.  It occurred to me that the hi & low beam "bowls could be different from each other but the other 3 went in ok.     Strange....  (little annoying things)

Joe Dunlap

Correct....  you've got the wrong part for a 5001  lo-hi beam 3 prong light.  But you can modify to fit...not visible after assembly..

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio

http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages