<VV> Stock Cylinder Head Temp Gauge replacement Thermister!!!

mark at noakes.com mark at noakes.com
Sun Apr 23 15:01:38 EDT 2017

This appears to be a well designed product (there's not really a lot of
info on the web site about technical details) that replaces the
thermistor with a thermocouple and drives the stock gages.  This is a
point solution that should serve most Corvair owners well. However, it
didn't say anything about being adjustable.

The other product was being presented as a scalable device that could
take any voltage in and provide any (practical) voltage/current out per
a calibration curve. I don't think it had cold junction capability so it
probably wouldn't work on a thermocouple without additional circuitry.
It's main purpose was to adapt nonstandard gages and sensors.

If you have stock gages, the Vairtrix solution is probably better.

If you have custom hardware, the Metermatch hardware may serve you
better, and it's more flexible for use on various gages, not just temp.
It's also more complicated than the Vairtrix plug it in and go solution.

I'm impressed with both solutions.

Mark N