<VV> Devin C

arthurwlinden at aol.com arthurwlinden at aol.com
Wed Aug 16 08:56:52 EDT 2017

My thanks to all who responded to my question on Devin C weight distribution.  I do have the Art Evans book and all the various info from Corsa.  It was this information that made me start thinking about the weight distribution and stability at speed.  But I had not looked for the info from Wikipidia.  I enjoyed the video of one racing at the national convention, and the Devin website.  Thanks again.

Like a few others I used to have all my old auto magazines, but got rid of them a few years ago.  If anyone has a copy of the road test article in Sports Car Graphic, or any other, that gives the weight distribution that would answer the question.

Mt simple issue remains that an early has a weight of about 2500 lbs with a 38/62 weight distribution.  If the Devin C weights only 1400 lbs and also has the Corvair engine mounted behind the rear wheel, its weight distribution must be even more tail heavy.  And the shorter 82" wheelbase would seem to make the problem that much worse. I wonder what the tire sizes and pressures were to help offset this.

Someone responded that one particular C was weighed with 1104 lbs of weight on the front and 952 lbs on the rear.  So this car is about 650 pounds heavier that Bill Devin's car and actually a little front heavy.  Was this someone's solution - add lots of weight to the front?

Thanks again for everyone's help.

Art Linden