<VV> Wiring

FrankDuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Mon Aug 21 18:16:31 EDT 2017

A little clarity.

Does the ignition coil get hot?

Does the wire from the junction box (you mean the red plastic junction
stud, voltage regulator or some  added connection?) to the solenoid plug
(two terminals, one purple wire and a smaller yellow wire or two wires
on the harness side of this connector) get hot quickly, or slowly warms
up when the key is left on for a minute or so?

Does it not get so hot when the engine is running?

When the key is on, with the engine is not running, and the points are
closed, the resistor wire in the harness back there is conduction about
8 to 10 amps, so yes, the resistor wire will warm up. This resistor wire
is the cloth covered one.

Frank DuVal